Session 1 Available Spaces: 12
Animal Adventure and Education Camp
Our Animal Adventure and Education Camps are designed to foster respect, compassion and kindness towards all living beings. Campers will have the opportunity to participate in behind-the-scenes activities at the Sonoma Humane Society, attend field trips to local animal care organizations and learn from guest speakers. Our goal is to share the world of animal care and welfare to future generations in a safe, fun and hands-on learning environment!
Grades 2 – 4
- Come and learn compassion, responsibility, safety and care from knowledgeable experts in the animal field.
- Learn first-hand what a typical day in our veterinary hospital looks like as we observe animal diagnoses and surgeries.
- Go behind the scenes here at SHS and get to know dogs, cats, rabbits and farm animals close-up.
- Participate in educational learning games about animal behavior and body language, wildlife, farm and companion animals, conservation and how to help all animals.
- Sharpen you observations skills as you learn how animals communicate and rely on humans to be sensitive to their needs.
- Attend field trips where you’ll meet with marine life, reptiles, birds, wildlife and other animals native to California.
- Train a dog, comfort a bunny, feed a cat, pet a reptile and discover why animals are such an important part of our lives.
- Fun filled field trips* to local animal care organization
Each summer, different field trips than previous years may be scheduled. Previous years field trips included: Environmental Discovery Center at Spring Lake, Bergin University of Canine Studies, Sonoma County Animal Services, Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue, Petaluma Animal Services, Bodega Bay Marine Lab and other related field trips
*Field Trips are subject to change at any time due to unforeseen reasons.
Registration is restricted to one week of camp per child so that we may serve the many children that want to participate. Due to the nature of our business, with constant exposure to animals and their allergens, our camp programs are not recommended for children/teens with known allergies. Because of staffing restrictions we may not be able to accommodate special individual needs. Additionally staff are not permitted to dispense of or administer medicine to camp participants. This is a recreational camp program. The Sonoma Humane Society is not a licensed child care provider.
75% Refund 14 days or more prior to first day of camp
50% Refund 7 days prior to first day of camp.
25% Refund 4 days prior of first day of camp.
No Refund 3 days and less prior to first day of camp