Come visit our Adoption Centers in Santa Rosa and Healdsburg and meet your match! Our Adoption Counselors can help you find the perfect animal companion.
- Adopters must be at least 18 years old and present valid photo ID.
- Some adoptions require attendance of a training class.
- We may require all household members to meet the new pet prior to adoption.
- If you have a dog and want to adopt another, we ask that you leave your resident dog at home for the initial greeting. Once you've decided that you've met your match we may schedule an introduction between the dogs.
- Animals and people are all unique. We will make every effort to help you find the companion animal who is most appropriate for your lifestyle. If we cannot find the right match, we reserve the right not to complete an adoption.
|Senior Dogs (over 7)|
|Senior Cats (over 7)||$ 85|
|Puppy Package (+ Puppy Class)|
|Kitten Package (under 4 mo.)||$155|
|HERE'S WHAT YOUR ADOPTION FEE INCLUDES||A value of $301 - $840|
|Spay/Neuter Surgery (Cats, Dogs, Rabbits)||$ 33 - $225|
|Health Exam||$ 28 - $ 46|
|Vaccinations (FVRCP/Cats; DHLPP/Dogs)||$ 25 - $ 50|
|Heartworm Testing (Dogs Only)||$ 25 - $ 40|
|Canine Bordatella Vaccine||$ 10 - $ 22|
|Feline Leukemia Test||$ 20 - $ 35|
|Canine De-worming (Hookworms & Roundworms)||$ 20 - $ 65|
|Micro-Chip||$ 20 - $ 50|
|Carrier (Cats Only)||$ 10 - $ 15|
|Basic Training and Socialization||$ 60 - $200|
|Adoption Counseling||$ 30 - $ 50|
|Adoption Packets and Adoption Counseling||$ 15 - $30|
|A LOVING COMPANION FOR LIFE||PRICELESS|
Special discounts & offerings
- 20% discount for senior citizens over age 65 adopting a pet.
- Take 10% off dog or puppy training classes (when you register on the day of your adoption).
- Receive 15% off purchases at our pet supply store - Paws to Shop (on the day of your adoption).
- Silver Whiskers Club (Senior Citizens adopting Senior Pets)
Fees for dogs over 7: $75
Fees for cats over 7: $50
Tail Waggin' mobile adoptions coming to a location near you!
Our outreach and adoption events blaze homing trails for cats, dogs, and bunnies alike. We take great care in transporting, comforting and matching animals with new forever homes.
Check our event calendar under the category "Mobile Adoptions" to see where you might meet your match!
Do you or someone you know live or work at a ranch, vineyard, farm, warehouse or barn / workshop?
Country cats represent a portion of the feline population that thrive on free-range living rather than bunking down for the night in a typical home. Like any other domesticated animal, they still need warm shelter, food and water.
Our country cats program ensures that these free-spirited felines receive a safe, warm living environment. Their health exams, vaccinations, microchips and spay/neuters are all done. In return, you’ll have a forever pal (or two) who’ll play sensible sentry with you 24/7.
Interested? Call Liz at 707.542.0882 x204 or email.
Have a Warm Lap to Spare?
For many years, the Sonoma Humane Society Foster Care Program has offered care and support for homeless animals at the beginning of life’s journey. Hospice care for homeless animals toward the end of their lives is just a natural extension of the program’s services. While it can be emotionally challenging to take home an animal with medical needs, the companionship and love that you receive in return is beyond measure.
A Fospice animal is a shelter pet with a good quality of life but with a medical condition that is life-limiting and makes traditional adoption challenging. Older cats make up the majority of our Fospice patients. If you're interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Fospice parent, we welcome you to email us at email@example.com.